Taylor Cable Products is an OEM and Performance Company that was built on its Founding Heritage supported by a Tradition of Legendary Quality. Known as an innovative company since 1923, Taylor Cable has been setting the pace eight decades with quality products such as Performance Ignition Plug Wires, Battery Cables, Wiring Harnesses, Vertex Magnetos and other quality High Performance Ignition and Electrical Components and Accessories. Here are some of our most popular products:
Spiro-Pro 8mm Wire Sets
Available in either Universal Trim-to-Fit kits or Pre-Assembled Vehicle-Specific kits, Spiro-Pro outperforms the competition in both looks and performance!
- Spiro-Pro 8mm Wire is the top choice of racers and enthusiasts due to its affordable value and overall high performance features.
- Spiro-Pro’s two-layer 100% silicone inner core & outer jacket keeps the wires flexible for the life of your vehicle maintaining its vibrant color with heat protection to 600º F.
- Taylor Cable’s Spiro-Pro wire consists of a high conductive spiral wound core with a Stainless Steel wire and covered with a fluorocarbon conductive material.
- Spiro-Pro features 350 ohms per foot resistance which provides more fire power to the spark plugs than OEM resistor core wires and has up to 10 times less resistance than standard resistor core wires.
- Spiro-Pro eliminates radio frequency interference (RFI) and is recommended when using a multi spark discharge, electronic ignition systems and other electronic components.
- Features Taylor Cable’s EXCLUSIVE low profile 100% silicone PROBOOTS with vibration proof Stainless Steel double spring locking spark plug terminals.
ThunderVolt 8.2mm Wire Sets
Available in either Universal Trim-to-Fit kits or Pre-Assembled Vehicle-Specific kits, ThunderVolt 8.2mm wire sets are simply the best low-resistance wire sets on the market today!
- 40 Ohm/ft. Ferrite Spiral-Wound coated core blend of exclusive copper/nickel alloy bonded by a conductive acrylic cover.
- Taylor’s Ferrite Spiral-Wound core provides low resistance for optimum RFI and EMI suppression and is compatible with most Ignition Systems and electronic components.
- 100% Zimplex Silicone 2-layer Outer Jacket for added Heat Protection up to 600º F, extending wire life and performance.
- DYNO Tested to outperform the competition in Spark Energy, Horsepower Increases and Significant Torque Gains.
- Smoother Idle and Improved Fuel Economy.
- Works with Factory Wire Looms.
- Universal-Fit, Race-Fit, and Custom-Fit Sets available in Black, Red, and Blue colors with Grey 600º Silicone Plug Boots featuring vibration proof double spring locking terminals.
- Flexible polyethylene tubing
- Protects wires from dirt and abrasion
- 6 colors for a customized look that match our wires
- Split for easy insertion and removal
- Organizes wiring, eliminates clutter
- Ideal for shop use and for computer use
HEI Performance Replacement Distributor
- Performs misfire free up to 6500 RPM
- Precision CNC Machined A354 T-6 cast alloy housing for maximum accuracy
- Centerless ground shaft reduces friction and provides concentric operation
- Comes with an adjustable vacuum advance and a factory installed high-performance mechanical advance curve
- 50,000 Volt Coil with Dust Cover
- High-output GM Style 5.0 amp Module
- High Strength Dielectric Red Distributor Cap and Rotor with Brass Terminals resists cross fire and high RPM arcing
- Hardened Steel Gear machined to exact tolerances for a tighter mesh with cam gear
- Direct plug-in replacement for easy plug and play installation
- Chevy comes standard with polished housing finish
Aluminum Battery Box
- Complies with NHRA Rule 8:1.
- Required by NHRA when there is no firewall between driver’s compartment and battery.
- Fits most battery sizes.
- Embossed Taylor logo in lid.
- 3 piece .040″ aluminum box design allows access without removing the battery from the box.
- Hard mounts battery to the frame with supplied 3/8″ bolts.
- Heavy duty one-piece welded battery hold down and mounting hardware included.
- Dimensions: 13.5″ long x 9.5″ wide x 10″ high.
Trunk Mount Battery Relocation Kit
- Reduces engine compartment clutter
- Provides better weight distribution for improved traction stability
- Factory crimped terminals on 100% copper cables
- 16′ red 2 ga. cable, battery to starter
- 20″ black 2 gauge cable, battery to ground
- 13″ x 7.25″ heavy gauge coated steel tray
- 3/8″ J bolts and hold down with installation hardware included